We have to decide whether to move before we know if my mother’s illness will worsen
Dear Delyara, My husband has been offered a job across the country. It is the opportunity he has waited years for. Better pay, better hours, work he actually wants. My mother was diagnosed last month with a neurological condition that may progress slowly or quickly. Doctors cannot tell us yet. She lives fifteen minutes away. My husband says we can fly back often and move her later if necessary. Mum tells me to go and says she refuses to become the reason I hold my marriage back. I do not know what her body will need six months from now. I also do not know whether my husband will ever receive another offer like this. Every practical list splits into two futures. Schools there. Specialists here. House prices there. Mum’s appointments here. Tonight, my husband asked if I was leaning one way. I said no. He looked disappointed because the deadline is Friday. Uncertainty has become cruel because a decision must be made before the information that would make the decision easier exists.